Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lies in the Courtroom

This is a very difficult post to write.   Part of me knows that people lie, even in courtrooms and maybe especially in courtrooms. Yet another part of me feels injured by these lies, conjured no doubt for the best effect on the stage that a courtroom is.

To untangle a lie in a courtroom is like undoing a knot in a very fine chain.  It takes patience and belief that it can be done.  But unlike undoing a chain, dismantling a lie in a courtroom takes lots and lots of money and manpower. These courtroom games are also a horse race because the battle is finite and not all lies can be addressed.  So we choose which lies are important to expose.  It's not a game for the weak willed.

The lies that are told to my children will be exposed over time and I can wait. I can love them while I wait. Their experience will one day match mine and before my life is gone, they will know for themselves.  This I do have confidence in.

The lies in the courtroom do not wait for the experience of the judge, there simply isn't enough time.  My injured self (ego) gets a good challenge there.  I am stretching my maturity as far as I know how and saying a small prayer that we choose the right lies to uncover and let the rest to rest.

                 "Karma Wash"at the Blueberry Patch

No comments:

Post a Comment