Sunday, April 1, 2012

Becoming a Grandmother

I've become a grandmother, like a mother but better.  Because I've learning something over the years,  I can be of service.  I'm calmer than I was 30 years ago, and empathetic to the need for drawing deep into the well of selflessness.

Memories of the hardships of motherhood do not fade away. The body remembers the lack of sleep, the repeditive tasks and the feeling of disconnect from the known world. Today they are providing a platform for my healing as I help my daughter, her husband and child in any way I can.  This is the generational connection that I missed and what a pleaure it is to re-build such an important bridge.

This role of mother and later grandmother is filled equally with responsibility and joy.  I am grateful that I am welcomed and acknowledged for what I contribute. I am humbled.


No comments:

Post a Comment