Monday, October 31, 2011

Waking Up and Healing

                                                 Time does heal. 
          It appears in the center of a storm that there will be no end to it, 
                                                 and then there is.

In the last week I asked a few close friends for their prayers of healing and I  can already feel the power of their prayers.  It is not simply my readiness to ask that brought this result. There is a divine Faith in my life that I cannot deny.  However I construct the diagram of how change comes to be, it has arrived for me.

I came across a few small notes that I took last year listening to the dinner talk of Deborah Szekely.  She is a truly amazing octogenarian with a life's story of entrepreneurship that pioneered the current Mind/BodyWellness movement.  Her life has been dedicated to providing others with the vocabulary and the experience of healthy eating, exercise and spirituality. She spoke about Time and Choices.

Deborah began by saying that choosing or not choosing weigh equally in the end.  It's something that I intuitively know but maybe wish to avoid facing.  Why not do the active choosing?  She wakes each morning with the purpose of action and says out loud to the world "Good Morning!"  "Be conscious", she tells us,"You have the gift of a day".  How we use our time defines us as Human Beings. Value your time, value your Self.

Take time to reflect every day and choose health for your body which is forever renewing itself. "The body enables you",  she told us. Treat your body with Respect, Responsibility and your Reward will be Regeneration. "We are aways in the process of becoming", she said.

So, I am reflecting on all the extraordinary experiences I have had.  I have a stockpile of positive energy created by the exchanges between my fellow human beings that waits patiently for the subsidence of grief and shifts into place through the prayers of friends.

                                                
                                    I am Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment