Saturday, September 24, 2011

HEALING and GRATITUDE

  I'm so grateful for the work of authors, researchers and survivors (thrivers) who have gone before me and shared what they know. For me, the first step in healing was to define (name) the problems and find my tribe, then to tell the story and now to re-frame the story and move forward recognising my denial and damaging false beliefs.  All this I am attempting supported by not only those who write for the anonymous reader but with the miraculous help of my friends and family. Not a day goes by that I do not receive a truly kind word from someone who loves me. As I open my heart I receive the truth that I am not alone, that I am loved.

Part of what we all feel is separateness from one another, we feel alone. We judge ourselves and others.  This is something I've been conscious of for a while.  It is my goal to be open, to receive and to reflect to others the same feeling of belonging that I so desire.  I have experienced this and I know it's possible in the face of our most challenging moments but we cannot do this without one another.  Our shared humanity saves us.  Our imperfections connect us.

One small effort, one committed action, repeated from one day to the next accumulates and becomes  the neutral ground on which we live.  On this ground I have my memories of every kind thought and action that was purposefully given to me.  These offers of love are what sustain me and I reflect on them with gratitude.



                                                   Thank You





No comments:

Post a Comment