Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Reasons You Stay Stuck...Psychological Reversals



Sometimes others outside yourself can see what your problems are in your relationship and you can't. When you continue doing the same thing, which results in more unhappiness and pain for yourself, you are in denial. You may have a Psychological Reversal.  
Psychological Reversals are pervasive mental blocks that prevent you from making changes that are in your best interests. They are areas of yourself where you cannot change and do not understand what is happening to you. They are the dogmatic self-limiting beliefs, which keep you stuck, even when you want to act differently. They usually are in the subconscious mind and you are not aware of them. They are what you cannot see about yourself in continuing unhealthy behaviors and relationships. They are hidden way excuses and ingenious reasons for staying as is! Often they are programmed into the child who was naive and open to condemning judgments of others who learned to feel worthless and helpless.  
Ask yourself, "What is my excuse for not changing? What part of me is afraid of change? What is the underlying fear that keeps me from changing this situation that hurts others and myself? Why have I given in repeatedly to someone else's anger?"  
The following list gives the most common reasons people stay stuck. These are the Psychological Reversals that prevent you from making the necessary changes for you to be happy in life. Down deep somewhere inside of you, not rocking the boat is serving you in some perverse way.  
Be honest now. There are reasons why you do not make changes. Your objections to change have to do your deepest fears. Check the self-limiting beliefs that prevent the release of your long-term problem. 

Fear, Doubt, Readiness and Willingness 
____ I am NOT READY to eliminate this problem 
____ I DO NOT DESERVE to get over this problem 
____ I AM UNWILLING to get over this problem 
____ I CANNOT GIVE MYSELF PERMISSION to get over this problem 
____ I MAY TRY AND STILL NOT GET OVER this problem 
____ I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LET GO of this problem 
____ I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS RIGHT to let go of my problem 
____ I will have to STOP DENYING THAT MY PROBLEM is not important 
____ I will LOSE SOMEONE OR SOMETHING IMPORTANT If I get over this problem 


(excerpted from Lynne Namka Ed.D 2002)


Maybe you have identified with one or more of the self limiting beliefs listed above.  If you are here reading this you are already kickin it to the curb, girlfriend!  You already know what to do. Let's get unstuck Together.


No comments:

Post a Comment