Saturday, September 3, 2011

False Beliefs/Giving Myself Permission to Stay

I made up a story (belief system, script) over time.  It goes like this:

If a woman loves and supports her husband unconditionally, especially when his ego is most damaged, she will be rewarded with eternal love and together they will build something wonderful.

There is no one I can reach out to for help. I must wait indefinitely and have no expectations that anyone will care for me. I must do it for myself. When I grow up I will be able to resolve these feelings by caring for others and healing their wounds and in doing so I will heal.  God wants me to do this, I am good at care taking.

Everyone has troubles, life is difficult.  I am privileged and should not complain.



Have you ever thought about what your belief system is?   Maybe, like me, your beliefs are not helping you. Try asking yourself, "What am I telling myself that gives me permission to stay in a troubled place or relationship?"  How true are those thoughts?  





No comments:

Post a Comment