Friday, September 2, 2011

Walking Through Trauma with EMDR

For three days I walked through my trauma, one window at a time, feeling my throat and chest tighten while breathing and remembering.  My EMDR therapist directed me through my life's difficult events and I made new connections.  I know I could not be here today had I not already fought so hard. It's a sad relief.

She never questioned my reality and she gave me unconditional validation.  To her my life's struggles made sense, absolutely. Now I can work on accepting truth and putting an end to the (false) script that I followed.  I was, she said, the ideal match for a narssisstic partner.  I owned the qualities and talents that he so desired for himself.  And I played my part to perfection in dissonance.  And now it's over.

Today I'm running toward a healing re-construction that will be of my own design.  All the talents I have will be put toward my dream, exclusively.  I will be my priority not a supply line for any one's self interest.  I felt myself break away and fall into nothingness as I begin let go of my unhealthy worn out connections. I remembered what I used to imagine as a child when I often contemplated where I was before I was born. Floating in a dark sea of air, there were twinkling lights of promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment